Our Childcare Philosophy
We understand how important the first five years of a child’s life are and we are committed to providing a safe and motivating environment in which your child can develop and grow at their own pace.
The following principles apply to every part of our childcare service:
- We believe that care and education are integral.
- We believe that children are best supported when parents and staff work together.
- Our curriculum is play-based, because we believe that children learn best through supported play experiences.
- We believe that children need to be respected in order to respect.
- We believe that the learning environment must be planned to ensure that children are provided with rich and stimulating experiences, to build on what they already know and can do.
- We will support the children to use the resources, and the environment in a way that will develop their independence and problem solving skills.
- We will help the children to develop positive relationships with other children and adults.
- In order to foster the children's positive sense of self and self-esteem, we will ensure that the experiences, family background, interests, abilities and cultural heritage will be positively celebrated and reflected across the service.
- We believe that it is important to provide staff with training and development opportunities so that they, in turn, can provide the children with effective learning and teaching.
- We work hard to be part of the local community, accessing local resources so that the children have a sense of connection and belonging.
- We endeavour to network with other professionals for the benefit of the service