Ideas to try out at home and help
If you need some inspiration on how you can make your time at home special please see the booklets and ideas below. In addition we've listed some places where you can get help along with some useful sites for keeping your children safe online.
Where can I get help?
- Supports families where there is at least one child under the age of five, offering home visits, family groups and social events
- Phone: 0800 068 6368 or 0116 464 5490
- Support for families with excessively crying, sleepless and demanding babies.
Helpline: 08451 228 669 (Daily 09:00 – 22:00)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric (Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence)
- Support for children, parents and professionals who deal with childhood continence issues – potty training, bedwetting, daytime wetting, constipation and soiling.
- Helpline: 0845 370 8008 (Mon – Thu 10:00-14:00). Charges apply.
- Email: email@example.com
- Keeping under-fives safe online.
- Top tips for parents on what you need to know, how to guide your young child, where to go for help
- Online parenting organisation made up of local sites that cover the UK, each site offering parenting information to parents/carers following through each stage of childhood.
- Barnardo’s provides a range of services to children, young people and families in UK.
National Childbirth Trust (up to two years old)
- Practical and emotional support in all areas of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
- Enquiries line: 0300 330 0700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few of the resources we would recommend to help with the subject of online safety for young children: